Half the fun of going on vacation is taking a break from the stresses of your everyday life. So having to replace them with the stresses of travel means your vacation can’t really start until you’ve reached your destination. That is, of course, unless you decide to charter a private jet for your trip. And there are several benefits you’ll enjoy when you go this route.
- Set your own schedule. Private jet charters offer a flexibility that cannot be claimed by commercial flights. When you book a private jet for your vacation travel, you can pretty much name the time you want to take off. And you don’t have to worry about missing your flight – it won’t leave until you’re on board. This can help to alleviate a lot of the anxiety associated with modern airline travel.
- Skip check-in. With your average commercial flight, you’ll have to head to a major airport in your area, wait in line to check-in, go through security screening, and get on the plane. This is not the case when you charter a private jet. Once you’ve parked your car you’ll either walk through a small, local airport setting or get a ride directly to the tarmac. Your pilot may or may not decide to search your bags (at his/her discretion). And from there it’s smooth sailing to your destination.
- Choose your travel mates. Commercial flights fill every square inch of space (and then some) in order to keep prices low. This means you’re crammed into a tiny seat with barely enough space to breath, along with dozens of other passengers. When you charter a private jet, on the other hand, you decide exactly who is allowed on the plane with you. Whether you fly by yourself, you bring the family, or you put together a group of friends for a fun vacation, a private jet offers, as you might expect, some measure of privacy.
- Less travel time. From start to finish you’re certain to spend less time traveling by private jet than by commercial airline. This is only partially due to the fact that jets are faster than commercial airplanes in general. It also revolves around less time spent in the airport to begin with, as well as direct flights to your destination every time (supposing you don’t need to stop to refuel). In addition, you can arrange for ground transportation to pick you up the minute you set foot on the tarmac. In short, private flights are incredibly expedient.
- Save money. Okay, you’re definitely going to pay more for a flight on a private jet than you will to fly commercial, but there are ways to cut costs, such as by flying with a large group (to split the flat, per-hour rate) or making a deal for discounted rates with a company you use regularly. You could also engage in co-ownership of a jet or even purchase your own from AVJet Corporation. But the price of owning and operating your own jet might be beyond your budget, in which case you’ll probably find it more cost-effective to hire a private jet company for charter flights as needed.